Every year we all sit down and think about what we want to change or what we want to accomplish in the new year. Every year we do this and for those of you like me every year we fall short. This year I decided to not set myself up for failure but instead success.
I made a list of several things I wanted to accomplish or change this year and then put them in order of importance.
The Monday following New Years I started at the top and decided to pick 2 items that I would incorporate into my life. Those were eating breakfast and taking my vitamins. Let me tell you the breakfast thing almost had me stopped before I could start, that is why I made it the top thing on my list. I know that unless I change my eating lifestyle I will not hit my goals. So after much research I realized skipping breakfast is detromental in loosing weight and/or getting healthy. So I bought honey nut cheerios and eggs. Both are sensible and healthy. Both I like and both are easy to eat. I have not missed a breakfast yet.
The vitamins I decided to start taking were a multi vitamin, calcium, and fiber. I choose those first to get a little boost. THey are all chewables which help me because after a few days I find it hard to swallow pills. After I got those pills as a habit I added D3, and fish oil. I just started taking chroniom picolinate to up my metabilism.
I can't say that right now I feel so much better but I can say that the two changes I decided to make in my life have been made and that makes me feel AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess this would be a great time to mention I have lost 5 lbs. Just from doing those two things.
Because those are now habit I am ready to add the next two items. Excersie and water. Because I have never been one that worked out regularly and I hate water this next step will be hard. I am ready though. I never thought I would eat breakfast and I am.
I have been mildly working out on our total gym and I feel great after I do. Today I did a Zumba work out on the Wii and that was cool. Now to incorporate that into my daily routine. Let the laziness go and the exuses.
As hard-headed as you are, you should do fine. I love you and I'm pulling for you. Gonna start the breakfast thing myself.
ReplyDeleteI am hard headed Sam and I am hoping that keeps me going.
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you! Even on days like these you still keep on pushing through! You inspire me to be a better person and to strive toward my own goals. You go girl! Great job so far!
ReplyDelete